- RSS Channel Showcase 7208722
- RSS Channel Showcase 4421759
- RSS Channel Showcase 7037166
- RSS Channel Showcase 7965966
Articles on this Page
- 08/16/16--20:51: _Before and After: R...
- 09/27/16--03:18: _INSPIRATION: Wood P...
- 10/04/16--03:20: _Celebrate: Chic DIY...
- 10/19/16--15:13: _Before and After: R...
- 01/10/17--02:14: _Celebrate: Fiesta Time
- 01/24/17--02:25: _Inspiration: Sophis...
- 02/08/17--02:18: _DIY: Donut Class Va...
- 03/07/17--14:27: _Retail Therapy: Mod...
- 03/14/17--14:08: _Celebrate: Pretty i...
- 04/05/17--22:49: _Inspiration: Big Bo...
- 04/11/17--19:41: _Celebrate: Cool Pok...
- 04/13/17--14:30: _ORC: Relaxing Scand...
- 04/20/17--16:35: _ORC: Relaxing Scand...
- 04/28/17--14:34: _ORC: Relaxing Scand...
- 05/04/17--12:13: _ORC : Relaxing Scan...
- 05/10/17--18:26: _Reveal: Relaxing Sc...
- 05/30/17--20:34: _In the Mood: Sophis...
- 09/25/17--23:04: _Retail Therapy: Aff...
- 12/05/17--21:28: _INSPIRATION: Modern...
- 01/10/18--11:01: _Interior: HGTV Hous...
- 08/16/16--20:51: Before and After: Rustic Modern Scandinavian Dining Room
- 09/27/16--03:18: INSPIRATION: Wood Paneling
- 10/04/16--03:20: Celebrate: Chic DIY Halloween for Adults
- 10/19/16--15:13: Before and After: Relaxing Modern Farmhouse Bedroom
- 01/10/17--02:14: Celebrate: Fiesta Time
- 01/24/17--02:25: Inspiration: Sophisticated Relaxing Modern Living Room
- 02/08/17--02:18: DIY: Donut Class Valentine
- 03/07/17--14:27: Retail Therapy: Modern Wall Hangings
- 03/14/17--14:08: Celebrate: Pretty in Pink a Modern Easter Brunch
- 04/05/17--22:49: Inspiration: Big Boy Room Redux
- 04/11/17--19:41: Celebrate: Cool Pokemon Party Inspiration
- 04/13/17--14:30: ORC: Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer Tween Room – Week 2
- 04/20/17--16:35: ORC: Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer – Week 3
- 04/28/17--14:34: ORC: Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer – Week 4
- 05/04/17--12:13: ORC : Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer – Week 5
- 05/10/17--18:26: Reveal: Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer Tween Bedroom
- 05/30/17--20:34: In the Mood: Sophisticated Relaxing Modern Living Room
- 09/25/17--23:04: Retail Therapy: Affordable Modern Leather Armchairs
- 12/05/17--21:28: INSPIRATION: Modern Foraged Holiday Wrapping
- 01/10/18--11:01: Interior: HGTV House Tour
If you follow me on instagram you know that my family and I have been on vacation for the last few weeks. But we’re back now and ready to get into the swing of things. To get things up and running again, I thought I’d start with a Before and After of the dining room […]
My recent Farmhaus Dining Room Reveal made great use of wood paneling. I choose to add the shiplap paneling in the entire Farmhaus because the walls and ceilings are textured. I wanted to draw the eye away from the texture through the use of lines. If you didn’t know this before, your eye will naturally gravitate to lines, […]
When it comes to Halloween, I’m really not into the black, orange and purple decor that tends to dominate. Even if it’s a party for kids I like to keep things clean and modern. I also love to personalize gatherings with DIY touches that make things feel special, but I don’t love DIY projects that […]
For me, bedrooms are all about sleeping in or curling up with a good book. Relaxation is always paramount, so that was my primary consideration for the master bedroom at the Farmhaus. I’m pretty happy to say that we feel super relaxed in this bedroom, but it took time and a good amount of sweat to get […]
With the Holidays just over most of us aren’t thinking of celebrating and entertaining, we just want to ease into the New Year. But when a good friend is turning 50 you rally to help make it a memorable occasion. I suggested a Fiesta theme because the family had recently returned from a dreamy vacation […]
I’m working on a plan to redesign our living room. In fact, I’m planning to redo much of the main floor of our home (see here for our floorplans). You’re thinking to yourself, “Didn’t you just design it?” If for you three years is equivalent to “just”, then yes. But if like me, three years is […]
I’m big on fan of non-candy classroom valentines. I’ve done a few classroom supply valentines over the year, including the ever popular “You Rule” and have found this works for me. This year while perusing the Target dollar bins I found adorable donut erasers and knew I wanted to use them for my kindergartner. Since […]
Have you noticed the wall hanging trend? From macrame to woven hangings, wall hangings have been making quite a comeback. For a long time wall hangings were kinda 70’s in a not-so-cool-retro way, but wall hangings have been reinterpreted for the modern aesthetic. The techniques are still the same, but I think that the use […]
Do you remember the movie Pretty in Pink? Maybe you’re too young, or too old to remember, but for girls growing up in the 1980s, Molly Ringwald‘s coming of age movies were woven into the fabric of our own adolescence. Today, when I think pink, I’m almost always reminded of Molly Ringwald’s movie and how […]
Remember this room? This was the first room reveal I did on the blog. It feels like so long ago. In terms of kid years, it really was a long time ago. Big Boy had just turned 6 years old and now he’s getting ready to turn 10. He’s already 5 feet tall and knocking […]
Our little Monkey is turning six. Not so little anymore. Like many kids he’s fully jumped on to the Pokemon Go craze. So I thought it would make a great theme for his upcoming birthday. It’s fun, it’s colorful and I’m sure we can figure out a bunch of activities around the theme. In keeping […]
Last week I decided to kick start Big Boy’s room redesign by joining the One Room Challenge. Honestly these last few weeks I’ve been feeling a little down because of my accident. Forcing myself to focus on redesigning his room has provided me with something fun to focus on. Week Two is underway, so I […]
It’s week 3 of the One Room Challenge and as you can see from the photo above, we have some progress happening. I got the rug and chair and love them both. What’s even better is the chair with it’s clean Scandinavian inspired lines is super comfy and it has quickly become my son’s favorite spot. […]
I simply can’t believe it’s week 4 of the One Room Challenge. Where does time fly? This week has been all about assembly. I received the desk and bed, and purchased a desk chair, and they all required me putting them together. Exhibit A: I should have taken more pictures of the bed assembly, because […]
The finish line for my One Room Challenge is in sight. Last week was all about building the big pieces of my Relaxing Scandinavian Surfer Tween Bedroom, this week it’s about layering in details. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, art is so important in personalizing a space. It’s not only decorative, […]
It’s week 6 of the One Room Challenge. That means it’s time for the reveal! Before we dive into it, let’s walk down memory lane. When we bought the house, the room looked like this: After months of remodeling and renovating we got to move in and I gave our older son a big boy room: […]
A while back, I shared with you the inspiration for my living room redesign, a look I’m calling Sophisticated Relaxing Modern. Since then I’ve been playing around with the floorplan and looking at furniture that I felt would capture the vibe I’m aiming for. One of the big reasons it’s taken me a while to […]
I’ve been remarkably absent from the blogosphere thanks to a combination of work (good) and health issues (bad). Today, I decided to dive back in with a round up of affordable modern leather armchairs. I use the word “affordable” loosely, since some of the chairs are close to $1000 each and I realize that for […]
You’ve heard of Noma right? The restaurant in Copenhagen that was voted best restaurant in the world for several years running. The concept of the food there is not simply seasonal farm to table, much of the menu relies of foraged food. I desperately wanted to get a reservation when I went to Copenhagen a couple of […]
2018 is off to a lovely start with a feature of our home in HGTV. Yep, that’s right HGTV! I’ve been watching the channel religiously since 2003, when we started looking for our first house in LA. Through the shows, we used to go on virtual house tours and it helped make the process of first […]